This week feels like it has gone by faster than most others this summer. I’ve noticed with the days getting shorter and chillier, more people in Vancouver are getting more smug about the winter being on its way. This happened this morning, even, when I was on my way to work with my friend. ‘Gah… Awmb the wiiiinterrrr is comiiinggg! It’s going to be so coooold soon!’ she said. Hell-o-ooo?! Why are there so many people that completely give up on the first signs of fall and jump to horrid memories of cold winters? May I add that Vancouver winters are nothing compared to anywhere else?
The fall for me is always a time to reflect on the parts of the year that passed by so quickly. It’s the time of the year where I feel the most change occurs. The leaves on the trees fall, and I feel like I can let go. I find that it’s the best time for me to be creative, especially with Halloween and Christmas coming just around the corner. Regardless, I’m excited for what I am to discover within the next few months!
On another topic, it’s time for a lovely little blog award (my first EVER) passed onto me by one of my bestest friends in the entire world (not to mention on the other side of the country) Kyla Roma!
Here’s the deal. Name 10 things about yourself & give the award to 10 blogs you love.
1. I am a relentless homebody, am in love with anything crafty and wish I could finish all of the projects and ideas that I have started.
2. Two guilty pleasures in my life that I sometimes hate to admit: So You Think You Can Dance and Jay-Z
3. One day I would like to get a mustache tattoo on the inside of my right index finger.
4. I love love love getting things in the mail that aren’t bills. Send me something! I promise I’ll return the favour!
5. I get mixed reviews about the level of stress I create around me. My coworkers think I am one of the most stressed out people because I tend to talk to myself and swear under my breath, but my friends think I am the most calm, easy-going person they know. I tend to think that I get the stress out at work, and leave it there.
6. I once worked 2 jobs and went to school at the same time, and it lasted about a year.
7. I cannot save money for the life of me, but try really hard.
8. Anything from the 30s to the 50s will win my heart over.
9. I could read at the age of 4 and almost skipped grade 1 because of it. My grandparents talked my parents out of letting the teachers bump me up because I’d be with all the kids a year older than me and it might’ve ‘affected me socially.’
10. I don’t eat seafood, and haven’t since I was 10 years old. If there’s anything in it that came out of any sort of water source, I’m out.
1. Young, Fat, & Fabulous – adorably amazing fashionista.
2. Just a Titch – wears her heart on her sleeve, and a smile on her face. She always makes me laugh.
3. Color Me Katie – most recent find. Artsy and cute as ever.
4. Sleepy Jane – way cool.
5. Just A Small Town Girl – possibly the sweetest girl on the interweb.
6. Style Rookie – 13 year old fashion mastermind.
7.This Old Dress – recycled t-shirt projects and ukulele fun!
8. My Mama Made It – refashioned anything, here we come.
9. Katie Cupcake – even the name is cute!
10. The Life of Elly – New Zealand’s own.
I just realized how girly I am. Gross.