The past week has been incredibly busy and I have been trying my darnedest to be has happy as a clam. Regrettably, I’ve been in a horrible mood at work the past few days, which doesn’t seem to help much in the general scheme of things. I have been asked to do a few tasks that are not usually mine to complete, and it has put my work schedule behind by almost two days. It’s hard to cope with when your job already has a tendency to be quite stressful before all of the extra things that are thrown at you.
Anyway, I thought I would update you with how my general state of happiness goals are going.
1. I bought boots that look like this! They are fantastic! Comfy, cute and keep my feet dry! What more can a girl ask for?
2.I have been trying to find more that inspires me, and came across this lovely project called Tattooday:
His mission: “Every day I’m gonna draw/write a saying or lyric or phrase on my arm. Document it here. They will be like temporary tattoos. Hopefully the sayings will stick in my mind if I look at them all day. Maybe the meaning of the words will also sink into my body, along with the ink.”
3. I have started my home made Christmas present extravaganza and have decided that everybody is going to get the same thing this year. Well, basically. I am halfway done and am very excited to see the results!
4. I bought a yoga mat and a cheap instruction video that gives you 3 different work outs. One for the morning to wake you up, one before bedtime to calm you down (both are 1/2 hour sessions), and one major workout that they recommend doing a few times per week (1 hour). Although I have only done one 1/2 hour session, I trust that next week I will have the time to put into building a new routine.
5. I have managed to get up between 6:00 and 6:20am for the past week and it has been really refreshing. I have found that I have more time to wake up in the mornings and actually sit and enjoy breakfast over email updates or what’s in my Reader. I have time to sleepily sit on my bed mulling over what to wear and still have time for a nice hot cup of tea. This is my favourite part of my day, and am happy to report that this will be in effect from now on. Now I just have to make it a point to try to accomplish a similar goal on the weekends. Maybe set it in between 8:30 and 9:30am so I don’t end up sleeping my entire morning away.
6. I recently read Calaeno’s new post about creating an atmosphere in her home that works well with her lifestyle and feel the same way. I cannot function properly when I am unable to feel comfortable in my own home. I started decorating my room to my liking and love spending time there. Also, my roommate and I cleaned the house yesterday and it feels amazing to be tidy! This week I should be finishing curtains I’ve been making for the living room closet that doesn’t have doors on it with this fabric:
8. I got my hair cut for the first time in 8 months, and it feels great! My hair feels really healthy, but I think the stylist cut too much. I mean, what part of “I’m growing my hair out,” don’t they understand? But I did decide on a very out there hairstyle that I’m going to go for after Christmas. Take a gander and tell me what you think (keep in mind her hair’s straight and mine is super curly).
7. All I’ve been telling myself when I get angry or frustrated is: “Thursday. Everything will be fine on Thursday.” Countdown till KylaRoma is at my doorstep = 2 sleeps!
What has made you happy this week?